Long sync between app and web library + unable to mass empty trash from web library

I experienced very slow sync response with zotero and have extreme difficulty to empty the trash which contains 60k+ references. Tried to empty it from the app but I keep getting error. There's no mass empty option from the web version. Please advise if there's an alternative solution to this. Thanks.
  • You can empty the trash in batches — just select items in the trash and delete them, and then let it sync.
  • Is there a more efficient way? I've been trying using your suggested approach since this morning, have spent 5 hours and still not completing the task yet.
  • Not sure what you mean by that. You obviously shouldn't get an error emptying the whole trash, but if you are, the workaround would be to delete in batches. They don't necessarily have to be small — they just apparently can't be the size of all the items in the trash.
  • Took hours because of the slow synching during each batch deletion

Regarding emptying the whole trash, i figured out it resulted in error when performing the deletion via "ctrl-a" or "cmd-a". Not sure why I didn't left-click empty in the first place, anyway i have emptied the trash.

Thanks for your response.