Zotero experienced an error updating ... integration error - can't add citation. Error ID 1273105744

edited 25 days ago
I just updated the word add-in. Now I get the error message "Zotero experienced an error updating your document" with the headline "Zotero integration error" when trying to add citation or click document preferences. Error ID 1273105744

Last version of zotero.
I use word 365, so it's the latest version of Word available (Version 2401 Build 16.0.17231.20290) 64-bit.

Error report says "[JavaScript Error: "This command is not available because no document is open. [getDocument:y:\adomas\zotero\word-for-windows-integration\build\zoterowinwordintegration\document.cpp]"]".
  • edited 25 days ago
    I see. I have been using OneDrive and Zotero at the same time for about 7 years. Is this a one-time thing, or should I expect not to be able to autosync documents to onedrive when using zotero from now on? (I have never experienced this before!)

I tried saving copy, and then I was able to cite again. But when I uploaded it to onedrive again, I couldn't cite. Is there no way around this? I never had this problem until I updated the word plugin today.
  • edited 25 days ago
    We are unfortunately unable to reproduce these issues ourselves. It might work with OneDrive if you save the document without any space symbols (instead use e.g. "_") in its name, and/or folders leading to that file.