-207 error on install of v 2.0

I just got a new computer at work and I wanted to install zotero v 2.0 (I've previously been using v 1.10.0). I get the error reported here and elsewhere: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/7999/first-time-install/

I've tried the following:
- cleared my firefox cache, restarted, tried again
- downloaded xpi using internet explorer and tried installing
- created a new firefox profile

...but nothing works. I have also tried installing it on one of the other work computers and get the same error. I wonder if this could be a firewall/network issue?

I have been able to install v. 1.10.0 no problem from an old xpi I had on my computer so it's not a biggie, but I'd like to be able to use all the new features!

Thanks
Damian
  • Are you behind a proxy server? If so, it may have cached an invalid (e.g., truncated) copy of the XPI.

You could always download the XPI from a computer on another network (or have a friend do so) and e-mail it to yourself...

This isn't a Zotero error, so there's not much more we could tell you.
  • OK thanks Dan, I'll try that!
  • Worked like a charm - thanks again!
  • this didn't work for me, I'm afraid..I had to roll back to Firefox 3.5.8 and was only able to install Zotero 1.0.10. Firefox 3.6 did not work with either version of Zotero, and attempts to install 2.0 on Firefox 3.5.8 have repeatedly produced the 207 error message.

I can't imagine what the problem could be...Zotero 2.0 actually works just fine on my old computer, which is on the same network and runs the same version of Windows and Firefox 3.5.8. Hopefully someone will find an answer soon!

Thanks for your support nonetheless, Dan, you've been great!