LibreOffice, Zotero plugin impossible to install

Hi,

I'm trying to install the Zotero Plugin from
LibreOffice Writer but when I click on
"Install LibreOffice Add-In" it does nothing.

Any help?

Thank you

LibreOffice info:
Version: 7.6.5.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 60(Build:2)
UI render: default;
VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8);
UI: en-US 7.6.5-1
Calc: threaded

System info:
Kernel: 6.6.24-1-MANJARO
Shell: zsh 5.9
DE: GNOME 45.4
WM: Mutter
WM Theme: Custom-Accent-Colors
Theme: Adw-dark [GTK2/3]
  • I read it but I haven't that directory
  • I don't know what directory you mean.
  • extensions/zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration@zotero.org/install

BTW the guide is written very bad
  • Read the full sentence:
    Go to the directory where Zotero is installed and open extensions/zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration@zotero.org/install (Zotero 6) or integration/libreoffice (Zotero 7)
    You absolutely have one of those two directories.
    BTW the guide is written very bad
    I have no idea what you mean by that. There are literally two steps here: 1) go to a specific folder within the Zotero program files and 2) double-click a file. You're using Linux, so we can't tell you where you installed the program.
  • edited April 5, 2024
    I read the full sentence but I donĀ“t know where is installed.

BTW If there is a "install LibreOffice Add-In" button, it should work instead
    of leaving it there that doesn't work.

After a long reasrch I found it: /var/lib/flatpak/app/org.zotero.Zotero/current/active/files/share/zotero/extensions/zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration@zotero.org
  • We have no way of telling you where you installed a program on your Linux system. If you don't know that, you probably shouldn't be using Linux.

We provide a standard tarball from this site that can be extracted and placed anywhere. If you used some third-party package, you'd have to ask whoever provides the package you used where the files are.

The install button obviously works in general, but there are all sorts of reasons it might not work on Linux (using a third-party package with sandboxing, file permission, etc.). Again, if you're having trouble finding a specific file that you installed and double-clicking on it, you probably shouldn't be using Linux.
  • After a long reasrch I found it: /var/lib/flatpak/app/org.zotero.Zotero/current/active/files/share/zotero/extensions/zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration@zotero.org
    Right, so you're not actually using a version of Zotero from us.

Please don't post here like this again.