[Feature request] Global "find" shortcut

Hi,
tl;dr: I'm suggesting to have a shortcut available from anywhere in the app that immediately brings up a search field, which by default will apply to the whole library and bring up clickable results.

I'm really enjoying the 7.0 Beta version (Mac version), it looks great! I'm also trying to rely more on Zotero for reading the PDFs of my citations instead of using an "external" PDF reader. What I'm missing is a quick way to get to the PDF I want to read. Using an external PDF reader, I can just open my (MacOS) spotlight search, write the author name and year and get to the right PDF. In Zotero, I need to switch to the app; then, if I'm on a PDF tab, go to the library tab; then, if I'm in a collection, click on "my library"; then do command-F for the search; then write the author name and year; then click on the right result. That's about 7 steps rather than 1. What I would like instead is to have a shortcut that immediately brings up a search field, which by default will apply to the whole library and bring up clickable results. If that shortcut could be made global in the sense that I don't even need to have Zotero as the active app, that would be even better.