Bug with OO.o and Word plugin

Hello Zotero developers. Thanks a lot for your wonderfull application. I will now modestly try to contribute to your application. I note a bug (more than one, but others have their tracks) with the plugins, and a don't see report.

Description :
In OO.o, after multiple citations, I can't add new citation and I have a message "An error occured communicating with Zotero. Please ensure Firefox is open and try again."

I made some tests. The maximum number of citation before the bug is variable : in one case it's 25, in another case, it's 29.

I had the same problem with word plugin. I don't test if the maximum number of citation is a problem, but I think it.

If you want, I can send my files test.
Thanks
  • Just to confirm I have encountered the same problem after creating a blank test document. It didn't happen until citation number 30. It does seem to be the number of citations that is causing the problem. I tried different styles but no joy. After 30 citations, it won't insert a new one, change the citation style, or insert a bibliography.
    I'm using Zotero RC2 on XP.
    I tried closing OO and firefox, but that didn't solve the problem.
  • Just to add another confirmation. After 30 citations I get this error and it won't allow me to insert anymore citations. I made my own custom CSL for my purposes so I was wondering if that was the issue, but it looks like it's repeated by people using the stock citation styles.

I'm usring zotero rc2 on linux with OO.
  • We are aware of this problem and have a fix for it in the pipeline. Thank you for your patience.
  • Please update your Zotero installation to 1.0 RC3, available now for download on our homepage. It should resolve the communication error messages that people were experiencing.
  • Thanks for your reactivity, and your really excellent program! I really love Zotero :)