Moving from Zotero storage to Webdav: multiple instances, purge

I have a large Zotero library with Zotero storage syncing (not realising for a long time that I had lost many attachments in previous moves b/c above the limit of my 2 Gb storage amount plan). Now I have moved to Webdav syncing (through a Seafile client). The storage went from 2 Gb to ca. 1.27 Gb, with ca. 1.17 Gb in "MyLibrary".

Before I click on "purge storage", I would like to know (a) why parts were removed, but not all; (b) if there is a way to check that everything is backed up on Webdav?

To be sure to understand, also I wonder:
(c) how come that the changes of syncing method have to be done on each machine? Could it be that a machine still tries to sync through Zotero storage? What happens then? Will the files go on Webdav when I open another instance?
(d) In the process, I went back to the Zotero/storage folder of an older machines [without anti-virus therefore not back on the internet] to copy-paste it into the folder of a newer, webdav synced machine. I have the feeling that it synced, but there are still a lot of attachments that are displayed as is there something I should be aware of?

Many thanks in advance for answers and infos

• @dstutzmann:
    The storage went from 2 Gb to ca. 1.27 Gb, with ca. 1.17 Gb in "MyLibrary".
    If you were at 2 GB, it'd be because you deleted some items in your personal library or one of your owned groups, deleted a group you were an owner of, or transferred ownership of a group to someone else. It wouldn't have anything to do with switching syncing to use WebDAV.

If you switched to WebDAV and synced, all the files that were present on the computer you synced should be on the WebDAV server. If there were files that weren't on that computer because you were previously at your storage quota and they never synced to the online library from the computer(s) where they were added, those files of course wouldn't be uploaded to the WebDAV server. You can get the count of files in the WebDAV folder and divide by two (.prop + .zip for each file) to see how many attachments were uploaded.