Data Sync error (Report ID # 2034879821)

I have been trying since last Friday to sync and Zotero keeps returning sync errors. Most often, the sync icon just continues to spin. I tried disabling files sync and re-enabling, resetting, etc., and nothing is working at this point.
  • Seems as if the server is having problems. Maybe it's just overloaded. Sync sometimes works for me (e.g. this morning).

• I've had no luck since last week. I just tried again and this is the error message I received:

[JavaScript Error: "The service is not available. Please try again later." {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 2112}]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Invalid response from server' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]
  • http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/11320/invalid-response-from-server/#Item_2
  • Dan, I think your server problems may be more entrenched than previously thought. I shut my system down for an hour and after rebooting I read your responses to folks experiencing similar problems. I have tried to sync several times and the error(s) persist. I experience the same problems when I attempt to sync from my Windows 7 desktop and Mac OS notebook (via a different network).
  • Then you'll need to provide more details (and another Report ID), because the "Invalid response from server" issue that most people were experiencing is fixed.
  • I'd be happy to send another Report ID if the current sync operation (begun when I sent my last post) ever concludes. I have 995 items in my library (my sync options are set to data only) and the sync icon is still spinning away giving me a mouse-over message: "Getting updated data from sync server." Unfortunately, I didn't read one of your earlier posts to another writer and I elected to reset and load from my desktop machine and now I know I should expect longer-than-usual sync times, but +/- half an hour?