Generating Reports of selected annotations from list of all annotations of a pdf

Great program. I use tags and when I select one to filter out the items tagged with that tag in a PDF, the short list appears on the left panel. But I cannot generate a report with it. I have tried following the instructions on the Zotero website, but to no avail. What area am I right clicking so as to give me a drop down menu that has the option "Generate a report from.....
Thank you for the help.
  • edited March 28, 2024
    You can generate reports by right clicking on one or more selected items in the main library pane of the Zotero Desktop, then selecting Generate Report from Item. That Report includes any Notes under the item(s).
    https://www.zotero.org/support/reports

To create a note with just a *subset* of the annotations (eg selected via tag) in a single PDF in the Zotero reader, you first create a Note in the right pane of the reader (Notes icon, then + button, then Add Item Note). Then select *all* the desired annotations you want (eg select the top one, then shift-select the bottom one to select all of them). Then right click Add to Note. That Note will then appear in a Report you create as above.
  • Thank you, tim820. Your help was clear and invaluable.