Replacing Zotero citations with Word's in-built citations

I've produced a Word document with several hundred citations, creating using Zotero. Unfortunately, the client is not a fan of Zotero (sorry!) and now wants me to replace all of my Zotero citations with Word's in-built citations. Specifically, they want to be able to double click on the in-text citations and be transported to the relevant entry in the bibliography at the end of the page, then back again. They also don't like the fact that Zotero (sensibly) assigns identical citations to a single number. Am I right in thinking there is no way of converting the Zotero referencing to Word's own function, other than to manually replace them one-by-one? Thanks
  • edited March 19, 2024
    There is no automated way to convert Zotero citations to Word citations.
    They also don't like the fact that Zotero (sensibly) assigns identical citations to a single number.
    This is based on the citation style used in the document. You should figure out what citation style your client wants and change it to that.
  • Yeah, what you describe would be a note based style using endnotes. Those are both sequentyand linked
  • For sure, I was just explaining why they don't like what I'd done using Zotero.

Thank you both for confirming what I feared!
  • Right, but to be clear, this can be done with Zotero