Failure to Sync Desktop w/ Web; Report ID: 875407979

edited March 19, 2024
Running Windows 11
Problem 1: No automatic syncing (desktop app has items in my library but newly created online version has has nothing) after setting up sync in the desktop app.
Problem 2: When I press the sync icon (green circle arrow), I get the following lines of error with the report ID in the title.

[additional errors removed — D.S.]

[JavaScript Error: "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageService.backupDatabaseFile]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js" line: 1052}]

[JavaScript Error: "Error(s) encountered during statement execution: disk I/O error [QUERY: REPLACE INTO settings VALUES ('account', 'username', ?)] [PARAMS: "fusionmatt"] [ERROR: disk I/O error]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js" line: 680}]
  • disk I/O error
    This is a generic storage I/O error — there's no way for us to tell you specifically what the problem is, but you're going to have all sorts of random, seemingly unrelated problems in Zotero until you resolve this. The most common cause is having your Zotero data directory on a network filesystem or in a cloud storage folder (where it should never be), but it could also be due to an actual physical problem with your disk or due to security software interfering with Zotero's ability to access the disk.
  • I indeed have the data directory on our server, not on my local hard drive.