Zotero 7 Beta: Make search bar longer

edited March 19, 2024
[Split from Zotero 7 Beta - Small search bar for citation search in word processor]

can we make the search bar longer and larger (like in endnote the search bar is a whole line)?
  • Can you provide a screenshot that shows what you're referring to?
  • edited March 19, 2024
    above: Zotero(very small search box on the right, show only one and half words),
    below: Endnote (long search box showing the whole context)
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u13825548/mpnmt35ejytdc815ekzl.png
  • Why make the the search bar so short?

In the literature, words are often very long, and I commonly search for more than one keywords. The search bar in Zotero 7 is purely designed for one-word search.

This is in contrast to all main-stream search bars in browsers like Bing, Google, and Baidu.
  • To be clear, you seem to be using an extremely wide monitor — those just aren't the proportions of Zotero for most people, and there's generally nowhere near that much space available. But we can probably increase the search bar width a bit.
  • Thanks. Increasing the search bar width would be great.

I believe the point is whatever my screen resolution is (the same issue exists on my 1920*1080 laptop), the search bar can only show one and a half words, which is too limited for normal scientfic keyword search.