Bibliography Error

I am starting a bibliography, but every time I enter a new sources, Zotero deletes the one I add. For example, I inserted the first source, no problem. However, when I try to add the next source, Zotero deletes the previous one. So, even though I should have had 3 sources, my bibliography only shows one. HELP!
  • Can you explain exactly what you're doing, step by step? You can also include screenshots that show what you're doing.
  • Yes, thanks for the reply!
    Step one, I add something to the bibliography.
    Step 2: I scroll down to the bibliography to see if the source is there. Yes, it is.
    Step 4: I move on to the next source to add to it (reminder: I have to insert the cursor next to the author's last name of the author's whose sources needs to be in the bibliography, Zotero pops, up, and I find the source, I click on the last name and find the source, then it allows me to add it)
    Step 5: While I may have successfully added, say 3 sources, when I try to add the fourth sources, by going through the steps in the parentheses above, I seem to love one or more sources.
    For example, now, I have 3 sources, no problem; but I bet you anything that when I try to add the fourth, source to the bibliography, I will lose one (or more).
    No insult, but this is the definition of insanity. Zotero used to be spot on. I still love it, but these little errors take a lifetime to fix. One ahs to always work around these problems, always.
  • edited March 17, 2024
    No, we need you to say exactly what you’re doing — as in, literally what you’re clicking and seeing on screen. See Steps to Reproduce for the kind of description we need. As it is we don't even know what word processor you're using.

And I think we’ll need screenshots here. Having sources disappear from the bibliography obviously isn't any sort of normal behavior, so we need to see exactly what you're doing.
  • Thank you so much, dstillman!