Always highlight collections that contain the selected item?

edited March 10, 2024
l would like to be able to use the Up/Down arrow keys on my keyboard to incrementally move through items in My Library one at a time, while having the left sidebar always highlight collections and sub-collections that contained the selected item. I would like this to happen without the need to tediously press, hold, and de-press the modifier key (Option/Control/Alt for macOS/Windows/Linux, respectively) between each tap of the arrow key. Is there perhaps a hidden preference for enabling this feature, or else is there a way to configure my keyboard shortcuts such that Option+/ functions just like the regular Up/Down arrow keys when navigating through items in My Library, so that I don't need to press and depress the modifier key over and over? As it currently stands, holding the modifier key while tapping Up/Down prevents the selected item from incrementally moving up/down, so it's necessary to de-press the modifier between taps of the arrow key. Even being able to hold the modifier key while using the mouse to click on items in My Library would be an improvement over the current functionality, where the modifier key needs to pressed and released between selecting different items in My Library with the mouse.
  • Zotero 7, currently in beta, includes a Libraries & Collection section in the item pane that you can use for this purpose.