Selection of style manager until I change it

Hi,

My report id is 1046346855.

I use Zotero Beta and I want to select the Style Manager under Settings > Cite > Style Manager. However, once I select a particular Style Manager, the same gets highlighted in blue colour, but when I come back to Zotero (after closing and reopening it), the particular Style Manager doesn't get shown as Selected Style Manager.

Is there any way to keep it selected until I change it?

Thank you,

Chandrakant Patel
  • The Style Manager in settings is solely for adding and removing styles — that has nothing to do with what style gets used when generating output.

You choose the style you want to use when you actually generate citations. Each feature that lets you do that provides a way to select a style (e.g., the Document Preferences window when using the word processor plugin).
  • Appreciate your quick reply, @dstillman.

I have used the Insert Link feature as available under the Notes, wherein I copied certain text from the attached PDF file and then pasted the said text as my note. It was pasted with In-Text Citation Style (which I have kept as selected under Quick Copy < Export < Settings) and that served the purpose.

I have also understood your point related to Document Preferences, which I have just used in MS Word for my improved understanding.

Thank you so much.