SuperNote and Zotero

I read a lot of academic papers and use Zotero as my reference manager. Currently, I am looking into buying an e-ink reader (SuperNote) so I can read on the go and make notes and annotations. My workflow is Zotero ----> SuperNote (Read/Annotate) ---> Zotero.

However, it looks like it is not as straightforward because of the limitation on how annotations are managed in e-ink readers vs. Zotero.

Is there a thread that I can refer to, and what is the latest on this? Thanks.
  • I have bough a supernote to read papers for my PhD. (even imported it from china at the time)
    After some months, it became clear that although I love my supernote, there was no straight forward way of using my notes, on my laptop (Mac), for microsoft word/thesis writing.
    I got deeper into Zotero, and that was when I knew I was missing out on a lot.
    It made me look into alternatives.
    I bought an iPad mini - The Zotero app for iPad is lovely, and paired with the Apple Pencil, iPad makes Zotero even more powerful.

I still prefer the feeling of writing and thinking with my supernote, but for now to the best of my knowledge, there is no real way of integrating Zotero.
    (I would love to be wrong/corrected)

Supernote (as with all e-ink devices) is a niche expensive product.
    An iPad of any generation, and a pencil will do much more for less money.

Those are my two cents. Hope it helps you.
    Cheers