Minimum window width for Zotero

Would it be possible to make Zotero more flexible with respect to its minimum window width?

I'm on Windows 11 and would like to use the "snap" feature to easily arrange Word taking up 2/3 of the screen and Z taking up 1/3 but on a 2560 x 1440 screen, Z will not reduce to 1/3 of the screen size.

Obviously this is just a very specific instance, but my more general point is that it would be helpful to be able to reduce Z to smaller widths, even if only one pane could easily be read (such as the library list of items/middle pane).
  • If you're referring to the Zotero 7 beta, the minimum width increased from Z6, and we're going to try to fix that.
  • Sorry for the ambiguity. I was referring to the Z7 beta. One use case that appeals to me is having just a list from a collection in a narrow pane, with the rest of the screen populated by Word (for working through a collection already annotated to develop a literature review).

It may be too much, but the dynamic interface that MS Outlook (Windows) has that reformats the presentation of data in panes and eventually collapses panes as the window narrows is an appealing model.

Thanks very much for all your incredible work on this.
This discussion has been closed.