Feature request: shortcut for highlighting in notes

I think there are a few possible solutions that would make highlighting more efficient in notes than the point-and-click method.

1) alt-1 like in the PDF
2) keyboard shortcut to highlight selected text
3) some type of Markdown syntax similar to how *italics* and **bold** works.

I suppose that if I have to pick one, I'd go for the # 2, but any of these would be helpful.
  • Text highlighting in notes functions similarly to that in other word processors. Is there a reason the toolbar button does not meet your needs? Could you provide more details about your workflow?
  • Hi, thanks for the reply.

I usually use Ctrl to move between words (and home, end, etc.) as I'm typing and Ctrl+Shift to select words, then Crtl+H, Ctrl+Alt+H, etc., depending on which software I'm using, to highlight.

Word, Obsidian, OneNote, etc. all have this capability. My PDF Editor, PhantonPDF has it too, though I think that I set it up manually--I can't remember. Obsidian also has ==word here== Markdown-like syntax for highlights.

Keyboard shortcuts almost always are more efficient than point-and-click GUI-based workflows--though I do appreciate being able to point and click at times. All of that is to say that it's really more of a general request than something that really fulfills a specific need.

Not trying to demand that you immediately take this on, either; I realize that this is probably pretty far down the list of priorities, if on there at all.

Thanks for your hard work!