Z7 import from pubmed to non-existant collection

edited March 5, 2024
I used the menu icon to try to import a record from PubMed. The import "insisted on" saving to a collection that I had deleted hours ago and after I had emptied the trash.

I tried to save to my 2safetylit collection but I could find no way to alter the default download location even though it no longer existed. (It was, however, the last collection that received a PubMed nbib file import.)

I will send a Quicktime movie to support@zotero,org

edit:
I'm not sure that I showed it in the movie but I attempted to use the dropdown to select a specific different collection. The download failed silently (it didn't save to the Library).

edit2: After I quit Firefox and Zotero, reopened Firefox, visited PubMed, and restarted Zotero; I was able to select my preferred collection from the drop-down but the long non-existent nbib collection was still an option on the drop-down.
  • We didn't get a video, but I think this would've just had to have been your clicking the save button on a page you'd already saved and hadn't yet reloaded. In that case, Zotero just reopens the save popup instead of saving again, and if the collection no longer exists, things might get weird.

We don't save collection names at all, so if you're seeing a name in the Recents drop-down after restarting Zotero and Firefox, it'd have to be an existing collection in Zotero. And since selecting a collection the save popup changes the selection in Zotero, you can just select it and switch to Zotero to see the collection.