Zotero 7 Beta: "Conflict" with the Ctrl Key on Linux

edited February 28, 2024
Please let me know if this has already been reported. It is not a bug, just an annoyance.

On Linux, the key to see all the collections an item is in is now Ctrl (instead of Alt).

The problem is the Copy Citation shortcut is Crtl+Shift+A (same applies to Copy Bibliography). And in the case I have an item in different (sub-)collections, sometimes apart from each other, the view in the left pane will jump from the current (sub-)collection to the top (sub-)collections this item is in.

So, every time I use Crtl+Shift+A, the view jumps and I have to return to the (sub-)collection I was in. (This of course also occurs when selecting several items with the Ctrl held down.)

Edit: I should mention about my current use case. While copying the citations from a sub-collection, I am also adding the items to another sub-collection, both collections under the same collections. But items are also in other (sub-)collections.
  • I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I feel like I used to be able to switch tabs using Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn. Now, the Ctrl highlights collections and the PgUp/PgDn scrolls the middle pane.
  • In fact, if there are several tabs open, you can use Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn to switch tabs. However, once you land on the library tab, you get stuck due to the above behavior.