Original-date / how to edit CSL

Hi there !

I wish to add the extra "original-date" in my personal Zotero style for my thesis by directly editing the file, but I have zero knowledge in that field.
How can I do, which line I am supposed to edit, and to write what ?

Right now, I have this :

Julia Kristeva, Soleil noir : dépression et mélancolie, Paris, Gallimard, coll. “Folio Essais” 123, 2006.

And I want this :

Julia Kristeva, Soleil noir : dépression et mélancolie, Paris, Gallimard, coll. “Folio Essais” 123, 2006 [1987].

In the notes and also in the bibliography.
I also put all the original dates in the extra field, but my Zotero Style (personnalized by someone else long time ago) doesn't take it in account.

Thanks you and have a nice day :)
  • It's easier to specifically help you if you told us which style you're using or if you shared your custom style via pastebin.com (or similar).

But as an example this includes the original date in a year-date macro.
    <macro name="year-date">
    <date variable="issued">
    <date-part name="year"/>
    </date>
    <date form="text" variable="original-date" prefix=" [" suffix="]"/>
    </macro>
  • Hi !
    Thank you for your response. I don't even know where to copy past your example in the text... Does your exemple give the result I am looking for (date [original date]) ?

here is my current style : https://pastebin.com/dmqsthfL

thank you :D
  • Well, in your case the date macro is called "date", not year-date in my example. Change to:
    <macro name="date">
    <choose>
    <if variable="issued">
    <date date-parts="year" form="text" variable="issued" prefix=", "/>
    </if>
    <else>
    <text value="" prefix=", "/>
    </else>
    </choose>
    <date date-parts="year" form="text" variable="original-date" prefix=" [" suffix="]"/>
    </macro>

Note though that in your else you're rendering something weird. the text value is empty... Not sure what the purpose of that is.
  • It perfectly works, thank you so much !!

Idk for the empty field, I wish I could master this knowledge but I don"t have time to learn it. Anyway, thank you very much, it helps me a lot :)
  • Another question :)

How to remove the "collection" field for books ? Which field should I edit and which lines should I remove/add ?

Thank you very much !
  • Without knowing your style, we cannot tell. Same as in February. Share your current code.
  • it's the same than in february :)
    https://pastebin.com/dmqsthfL
  • There is a macro called "collection". Remove that where you don't want it to appear. (it's not clear where you don't want it to appear.
  • Yes, true, sorry (a bit overwhelmed) : in all the books citations. Thank you for your reponse :D
    Have a nice day !