Zotero 7 - panel navigation

For Zotero, years ago, we committed changes to Zutilo, that added keyboard shortcuts for cycling through the different panels in the right-hand pane (or navigating to a specific pane, such as tags). The new layout is better for a novice user, as they can see everything just by scolling. Especially if there isn't a lot of data there, that's great.

However, in our team, we do a lot with tags (and collections, and in the extra field), and it would be good if that panel (and others) could be moved into the same visual space. I have some thoughts, but other ideas might also work:

(1) There could be (hook for a) keyboard shortcut for 'hide all' / expand all, and 'hide all but X (e.g., tags)'. Ideally there would be a way to 'advance' as well, i.e., a 'hide all, except for one below the lowest on that is open' (if that makes sense). It would then be very easy to visually navigate between the different sections.

(2) Alternatively, similar to the current Zutilo function, one could provide a keyboard shortcut mechanism, that moves the different sections into view. I.e., if the tags (or any other section) are out of view, and the 'next section' keyboard shortcut is used, the next section is moved into view. (Similarly to what we have now, it would be good if there was a 'tags keyboard shortcut' that scrolled the tags into view. As an extension to this: You could add some stretchy space at the end of the right-hand pane, so that the next section can actually scroll to the very top (or, equivalently, the tags can scroll to the top).