Right-click -> Add to collection -> New collection here

Hello,

"Right-click -> Add to collection -> New collection" is really useful. It does create a collection at top level.

I would appreciate if there was also a "Right-click -> Add to collection -> New collection here", which would add items to a new sub-collection of the current collection.

Thanks.
  • edited February 25, 2024
    You can already changed the location of the collection from the New Collection dialog, so one option would be to just default that to the current collection if you're in one. I'm not sure if that would actually be what people wanted most of the time. An argument in favor is that it'd be much easier to change it to create a top-level collection than it is to find the current collection in the list if you want a subcollection.
  • Hi @dstillman, yeah, I'm proposing it as an option, not as the default. And yes, rooting through a lot of collections is the problem.

When you say "You can already changed the location of the collection from the New Collection dialog", what do you mean? When I select "new collection" at the top of the collection tree (or from the menu), or do right-click->add to collection->new collection, I don't see where I can change the location of that collection?
  • Ah I see, yes indeed!