Zotfile replacements for pushing files to (android) tablet?

Sorry if this is a duplicate, can't find anything that answers this.

Since Zotfile seems to not be available for Zotero 7, I'm aware that there are a number of replacements popping up, but as far as I can tell, none of them aim to utilize the "Send to Tablet" functionality.

Will the Android app make this available? (and is there an ETA for coming out of beta or being more widely available?)

If the app won't do that, what's my best bet to get my Zotero PDFs onto my Onyx Boox Note Air so that I can annotate/ink them there and then send the new PDFs with annotations back to Zotero 7?

• Assuming Zotfile's Send-to-Tablet is not resurrected in a v7-compatible plugin, there are several other possible options. Remembering that linked attachment files are not supported on Zotero Mobile.

You could maintain a designated small collection of PDFs in synced Zotero storage specifically for access in Zotero Mobile (they could of course also remain in their 'real' collections). This assumes you can predict ahead of time which PDFs you want to access in that way; or have access to your computer whenever you want to make a PDF accessible on Zotero Mobile. You would use Tools\Manage Attachments\Convert Linked Files to Stored Files on items added to the designated collection. When the PDF is no longer needed on Zotero Mobile, it could be re-converted to a linked PDF on your computer and removed from the designated collection. Of course the total size of the PDFs in the designated collection of synced PDFs would need to remain under your online file storage quota.

I believe Zotero devs have said that Zotero Mobile will not support opening synced PDFs in an external viewer. However if your linked PDFs are in a cloud-mirrored folder, accessible on your mobile device, then they could be read and annotated from there in whatever reader you wish. Then when back on your computer, any new annotations would appear in the PDF when opened in Zotero Desktop, and could be imported as convenient. The limitation of this approach is that imported annotations would no longer be visible within the cloud-mirrored PDF viewed in an external viewer on the mobile device.
  • Or you could just sync all your files and have them available via the Android app, which people say works well on Boox.
    No ETA for the final release (at a minimum, Zotero will want to make WebDAV available before an official release and likely also the availability of sharing to the app for import), but I would expect them to open up more testing slots soon.