Not able to sync desktop app - can not log in to account

Not able to sync desktop app - can not log in to account because when i log in, it says "Invalid user name or password". even though i have a user and it the web app is working fine.
  • Report-ID: 1966337894
  • You tried too many times with the wrong password and were temporarily blocked. Try again in 30 minutes or reset your password.
  • Report ID: 1966337894

When I try to sync the desktop app, I log in with my zotero web user, but after clicking "set up sync" is says "invalid user name or password". I am therefore not able to sync my desktop app with my online user, so i cant use the desktop app. Please help me fix this.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start Zotero desktop app.
    2. Under the "edit" pane, click "settings"
    3. In the pop up window "Settings for Zotero", click on the "syncronize" pane.
    4. I fill in my correct user name or password.
    5. I click on "set up sync".
    6. Zotero displays the message “Invalid user name or password” in a pop up window.
  • Thank you, dstillman, but the whole time I have used the correct password, the same as i use to log into my web account, and it still says invalid user name or password.
  • I'm not sure what you want me to tell you. It tries the password that you send — there's no variability here or room for bugs. There were enough incorrect login attempts for this username that you were temporarily blocked. You then tried logging in to another account, but you were already blocked, so that failed too.