Unable to add citations to Google Docs

I am trying to add citations to a Google doc. Each time I click to 'Add/Edit Citation' it brings up Zotero desktop programme and not the usual red search bar (the search bar isn't behind the window). I have tried trouble shooting, restarting the computer, and uninstalling and reinstalling Zotero with no luck.

Is there a way to fix this?
  • Restart Zotero and your browser. Try to cite again. If the citation dialog does not appear, look through open Zotero windows -- sometimes the citation dialog fails to pop open in front of the Google Docs browser. If it still does not work, restart Zotero and your browser, and submit a Debug ID from Zotero for an attempt to cite in Google Docs.
  • Thank you. It's now coming up with the dialog box but isn't populating the document with the references.

Debug ID:
    D422409545
  • Make sure you are using Zotero Connector version 5.0.118. If it does not work, you can either switch to Firefox temporarily where Zotero Connector 5.0.119 is available, or wait about 24 hours until Google and Microsoft approve that version for release on Chrome and Edge.