Dark Mode Breakage in Windows 11

In the current beta (7.0.0-beta.60+91e1c6ca3 (64-bit)) on Windows 11 (22631.3155), it looks like the window control buttons get thrown to the left of the window, and the menu bar appears white as shown below. This means that none of the menu options are actually visible on the menu bar. They need to be guessed-at-point-and-clicked or accessed via keyboard navigation. I've tried rebooting and reinstalling Zotero, and the issue persists.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u2212/8brs44shntk3n9jo5983.png

The same Zotero version on Windows 10 works as expected.
  • Can you reproduce this in Troubleshooting Mode (Help → "Restart in Troubleshooting Mode…”)?
  • Um, no, as a matter of fact. Troubleshooting mode looks fine, and now when I open Zotero in normal mode, it looks as expected too. Will remember to try that if something goes similarly wonky again in the future.

Thanks so much! :-)
  • Troubleshooting Mode isn't meant to fix anything permanently — it's just a quick way to restart with plugins disabled. Let us know if you see this again.
  • Okay. Will do.—Part of the reason I hadn't thought to try that is that I don't have any plugins installed.

Thanks, again, for the tip!