Identifier not work because Zotero uses somehow firefox

My problem is that my company blocks the use of Firefox and only Chrome and Edge work. This gives me a problem with the identifier: if I want to search for something via DOI, it spits out an error message. The log tells me that the resolver is trying to access the database via firefox, which my firewall prohibits:
"HTTP GET https://doi.org/10.1002/apmc.1983.051120112 failed with status code 403: [...] Sorry, this web browser is not approved for use at our company. [...]"

My workaround now is to open the doi directly in chrome and then use the chrome extension to "save to Zotero", which then works.

Note: Firefox is not installed and chrome is my default browser. If I open Webpages from zotero it uses chrome. The problem is only the identifier.

Can I change the usage of firefox to chrome in any files of zotero? I did not find it myself.
  • Zotero is based on Firefox and it's likely that your company security policy accidentally blocks it from accessing the web. It might cause issues using any of Zotero's functionality that requires web access, so we recommend talking to your IT to have it unblocked. Otherwise you will need to use workarounds for those features.
  • edited February 15, 2024
    @Nabi87: It's also possible that they're only blocking older versions of Firefox, which we've seen before. If that's the case, you can try installing the Zotero 7 beta, which is based on a newer version of Firefox.

[Edit: OK, well, actually, it doesn't sound like that's the problem, from the error message you quote.]
  • Thank you for your reply. Then I will discuss it with my IT.