Trouble with bibliography creation in OOo (2.2.0) Zotero RC2

The long awaited OOo integration is here and it's mostly great. Thank you very much for all the work.

Hopefully the following will help you squash a couple of problems I 'm having.

Firstly when I insert references I get the "Retrieved from:" field which I don't want (at the moment anyway - although it may become important later). Secondly every reference after the first is in italics.

I read the thread about the "Retrieved from:" issue in relation to MS Word integration and have begun to delete the contents of the URI field in Zotero. If I delete the contents of this field in Zotero and do a "Refresh" of my document in OOo then the formatting of the bibliography is fine (ie from the second bibliography item onwards is no longer italicised).

Rather than deleting the content of the URI field by hand I wondered if it would be possible to do this using the sqlite command line on the database? ie run an sqlite command and delete the data that is showing up in my document.

So far I only have a small reference set so this is a pretty trivial problem for me but it would be useful to solve.

Using Zotero 1.0.0RC2, OOo 2.2.0, Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Ubuntu 7.04.

Incidentally I don't have these problems on a Mac running NeoOffice.

Thanks again.

duff
  • I've been trying the Neooffice extension out today. I have found three quirks so far. (I'm not computer savy and I've only been using Neoffice regularly for a month or so, so it could be that I just don't know how to properly utilize fields or something similar.)

1. Multiple ciations must be alphabetized by me during selection; they do not change order after being added to the document. (Well, I can change them there but of course the next time the fields are refreshed they go back to the original order.)

2. My bibliography's entries do not preserve the correct tab settings.

3. ASA style citations are added with a colon regardless of my having added a page number or not.

I'm running Zotero 1.0.0.RC2, Neooffice 2.1, Firefox 2.0.0.2 on OS X 10.4.10.
  • edited August 23, 2007
    Just to say that the problems I had detailed above are still there in RC3.

Quick edit: The "Retrieved from" entry has gone; I only get the URI/L now - e.g

Irwin, M, M Daniels, and H Weiner. 1987. Immune and neuroendocrine changes during bereavement. Psychiatr Clin North Am 10, no. 3: 449-65. http://www.ncbi.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=abstract&listuids=3317313.

I've also noticed that if I change from say APA style to Chicago Manual (note without bibliography) and then back to APA the inserted references stay as numbers and do not reconvert to Author, Date. In fact this generates a BASIC Runtime Error - Variable not defined.

A box pops up showing the macro code with the following in it:

If oNextRange.Fields.Count = 1 Then sNext = "" 'Don't return text that is in a field
    #Else
    oNextRange = oRange.Text.createTextCursorByRange(oRange)
    oNextRange.collapseToEnd
    oNextRange.goRight(1, True)
    sNext = oNextRange.String
    If bCheckInsideQuotes Then
    bMoved = True
    While InStr(ZOTERO_CLOSEQUOTES, sNext) > 0 And bMoved
    oNextRange.collapseToEnd
    bMoved = oNextRange.goRight(1, True)
    sNext = oNextRange.String
    Wend
    End If

bMoved=True