What does the Cita do?

I am sorry, but even after reading multiple text and watched some videos I haven't figured out what the extension Cita do? Either I cannot try it because it doesn't work for me. My actual understanding is it just adds the QID to a citation in Zotero, and then it updates P2860 on Wikidata. Does P2860 put a value of work B to work A if work A (e.g., academic paper) cites work B? Nothing more?
  • Probably best to ask @diegodlh directly (might respond here or you could ask on github). I don't think that many people are using it. The original idea was to also query 'is cited by' data but I'm not sure how far that went.
  • I just installed it and love the idea, but don't yet understand how you get the citations into Zotero if they're not already in Wikidata, which they really aren't for my field. The video documentation shows them being added manually - and then these two really appealing buttons to get them from Crossref or Opencitations but those aren't implemented yet. It's a beautiful idea!!!
  • Getting a paper's citations (reference list) via text parsing or from Crossref is already available in the zotero-reference plugin (use Chrome's right-click Translate to English on the instructions, as the English language readme is not currently available AFAIK).
    https://github.com/MuiseDestiny/zotero-reference

Last time I tried Cita, that functionality had only been partially implemented, requiring external reference list text parsing tools. And in any case it does not seem to be the primary focus of the plugin (the link to Wikidata).
  • @jilltxt Cita doesn't take references from Wikidata at all. It takes them from Zotero to Wikidata but not vice versa.