Zotero 7 beta: Icon missing on Linux Mint

This discussion was created from comments split from: Zotero 7 Beta: Minor issue with icon.
  • Since the forum post is already created, I didn't want to create a new thread.
    I am using Linux Mint and installed Zotero from the PPA. The icon is missing. I do not know how to install the icon.

System information:
    Kernel: 5.15.0-92-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 11.4.0 Desktop: Cinnamon 6.0.4
    tk: GTK 3.24.33 wm: muffin vt: 7 dm: LightDM 1.30.0 Distro: Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
    base: Ubuntu 22.04 jammy

Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/zotero.list
    1: deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/zotero-archive-keyring.gpg by-hash=force] https: //zotero.retorque.re/file/apt-package-archive ./

Please let me know if this is a Linux specific issue.

• @pixietac This probably should be reported to the ppa maintainer. But this might be related to this.
  • @poettli Thanks for the update! I'll wait. Its not a deal breaker as long as the main app is working :-)
  • Since the forum post is already created, I didn't want to create a new thread.
    No, please always start new threads for new issues — the thread you posted to isn't related in any way. I've moved this to a new thread.
  • @distillman Apologies. I have just begun to participate here. I'll follow this up accordingly.

The issue is still not fixed in the last update received yesterday. The icon is still missing.
  • edited January 30, 2024
    We don’t have anything to do with third-party packages. As poettli says, you’ll need to talk to the maintainer.