Zero 7 beta.55 bug: Author field auto-complete

I encountered bug after upgrading to 7.0.0-beta.55+9151fb355
Mac OS 13.6.4
(Great makeover, btw!)

1) I want to manually add a name in "Author field" for an item (Author/Contributor/Editor/Reviewed Author/Series Editor/Translator etc)

2) I write e.g. "Smit" in (last) name field and get a drop-down menu showing all my previous entries starting w "Smit":
Smith
Smith, Brock
Smith, C. Veronica
Smith, Clarissa
Smith, Eric Alden
etc ...

3) This is great! I click one, since I already have that person for some other item.

4) Earlier, everything after the comma sign correctly ended up in the (first) name field. But in beta.55 the whole name including the comma ends up in the (last) name field while the (first) name field remains empty.

Thnx
  • Just a few comments on the bug: on Windows 10, I observe the same until step 4, but:
    5) Pressing Enter or Tab or clicking in another field after step 4 still puts the Last Name and First Name in the correct fields.

If I select from the keyboard instead of a click in step 3 and then press Enter or Tab or click in another field, both fields are directly filled correctly.

If I try to edit the name ("LN, FN") after step 4, then the whole selection remains in the Last Name field.

So the click behaviour is probably wrong, but the final results is still correct if you don't edit it.