Zotero 7 Beta: Central View Garbled when "Attachments" or "Notes" is the First Column

edited January 25, 2024
Thank you for this incredible update to the beta.

Sorry, I took time to make some test since I initially noticed the problem. I changed the title of the thread accordingly.

So first, my default view is from left to right:
Attachments, Notes, Creator, Item Type, Year, Publication, Date Added.

After the update from beta 54 to beta 55, I immediately noticed that the icons for the item type were cut in half vertically. I thought it was due to the resolution of the display, because after changing the resolution, icons were complete. But after playing with the color scheme, the problem reappeared and modifying the resolution and/or restarting Zotero doesn't solve the issue.

I then noticed than when the "Notes" column is the first, the content of the column is mixed with the icon of the item type, and the icon of the header is cut in half vertically.

Zotero 7 Beta 55 on macOS Sonoma 14.2.1

̶W̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶u̶m̶n̶ ̶"̶A̶t̶t̶a̶c̶h̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶"̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶r̶e̶m̶e̶ ̶l̶e̶f̶t̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶c̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶h̶a̶l̶f̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶l̶y̶.̶ ̶N̶o̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶a̶u̶l̶t̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶.̶

̶A̶l̶s̶o̶,̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶u̶m̶n̶ ̶"̶A̶t̶t̶a̶c̶h̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶"̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶e̶f̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶r̶o̶d̶u̶c̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶a̶l̶i̶g̶n̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶d̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶u̶m̶n̶s̶.̶

̶E̶d̶i̶t̶1̶:̶ ̶P̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶p̶l̶a̶y̶.̶ ̶A̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶i̶f̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶i̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶v̶e̶r̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶v̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶,̶ ̶i̶c̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶.̶ ̶S̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶o̶r̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶d̶t̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶u̶m̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶"̶A̶t̶t̶a̶c̶h̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶"̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶"̶N̶o̶t̶e̶s̶"̶.̶

̶E̶d̶i̶t̶2̶:̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶e̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶c̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶i̶z̶e̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶r̶r̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶s̶s̶y̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶Z
  • I don't think we tested at all with Attachments or Notes as the first column. We'll investigate — thanks.
  • Thank you
    (Same in Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS)
  • Fixed in the latest beta (56)
  • Thank you very much for the quick action. However, there is still a difference with the beta 54: instead of having the icon at the beginning of the column "Title", it is stick to the left. Is it intended?