Zotero keeps glitching

I am writing my doctoral dissertation and will be handing it in a just three weeks, so I really do not have time for this. Out of nowhere, zotero keeps giving me these pop-ups that I manually changed a Zotero citation and aks me whether or not I want to keep modifications. 1) I did not change anything in the document itself, I always use the designated fields to add page numbers, comments etc. and 2) this leads to a never-ending stream of these pop-ups. Please help me, I do not know what to do and I really, really do not have time for this. Also, when you take a look at the original and modified citation shown in the pop-up, they are exactly the same?!
  • @ledgreve: What word processor is this? Can you provide a Report ID?

If you send a copy of the document — or an excerpt of it — to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread, we can take a look. If you were using Track Changes or made some sort of large-scale formatting change to the whole document, it's possible that caused multiple citations to be incorrectly marked as changed. I don't think we're aware of any general causes of this beyond manual editing, though.

In general, though, you'd just want to tell it not to keep any edits so that it reverts to the original citations.
  • Dear @dstillman

Thank you very much for reaching out! I did do a large scale formatting, making sure all my main text had the same font style and size in Microsoft Word (Zotero citations are footnotes). I did not touch the footnotes themselves, however. Fortunately, the problem appears to have solved itself. When I opened my document again this morning and started working , I no longer receive the pop-ups. I am very relieved at the moment! Would it still be helpful for you if I were to send a excerpt of my dissertation?

Thank you very much for you quick reply, your help and your kind sympathy mean a lot!