Word plugin can't communicate with Zotero

2»
  • upgrade your Zotero
  • edited September 21, 2010
    Unable to use Word 2010 with Zotero beta (nor was I able to use the production version 2.0). Zotero doesn't show anywhere in the Word options panels. Also tried several other fixes. Could it be problems with 1. MSFT Word addins such as Mathematics, Word authoring, Chemistry, or OneNote? or 2. Windows 7 beta update 64 bit?
  • Just to add that I have been using the free version of ZoneAlarm, simply for the firewall facility, although it presses you to install the toolbar as well - I use ESET NOD32 for anti-virus - and had the same problem 'word cannot communicate with zotero'. Having followed this thread, I uninstalled the toolbar and the integration worked. It seems that you get the problem whether you are paying for ZoneAlarm or not!
  • I had the same problem too. I just got rid of ZoneArlam tool bar and it worked perfectly. Thanksfor all your help.
  • Hi everybody,
    First, thank you to all the developers for Zotero. It's awesome!
    But I have the same problem of communication between zotero and word. I've tried everything I read in the forum but the problem still remains....

"Word could not communicate with Zotero. Please ensure that FF is open and try again".

I'm working on Mac 10.6.5, Firefox 3.5.10.
    Is there anyone to help because it drives me crazy :-)

Thank you
  • Sorry about that, it seems that my problem is settled.... Don't know exacty why nor how... Anyway it works! Thank you and have a nice day!
This discussion has been closed.