192507332 I have a problem with mandeley references

every time I want to add a citation I get an error box that mentions that there are problems with the synchronization of the Mendeley citations, however, I have not logged out of zotero to make the references. It directs me to put in my mendeley password and user but I have not and I try to put in the zotero ones and it says it is wrong, it also does not have an option to reset password.
  • edited January 18, 2024
    I'm not really sure what you mean here.

If you have a document that you previously used with Mendeley, you'd want to import your Mendeley library into Zotero to continue using that properly. You'd have to go through the import process using your Mendeley username and password to do that.

If you no longer have a Mendeley account or don't want to import your Mendeley data, you can continue using the document with Zotero, but the citations won't be linked to items in Zotero.

We obviously don't have anything to do with resetting your Mendeley password. You'd have to do that through them if you don't remember it. You could then perform the import with the new password.
  • I do not have a document previously with Mendeley, I do not want to import a Mendeley library into Zotero.

But when I try to cite with zotero I get an error message saying there are difficulties loading the Mendeley library and it asks me to log in with Mendeley but I don't have a Mendeley account nor do I want Mendeley data. But I can't continue to cite with Zotero because I keep getting the error message, I don't know how to log into Mendeley or how to fix it.
  • edited January 18, 2024
    Try disabling/uninstalling the Mendeley Word integration (you almost certainly have something Mendeley related in Word -- I'm guessing it's their Word integration add-on).
  • @Sandalee1, the screenshot you sent is the message you would receive if you have a document created by Mendeley. If you weren't using Mendeley, it's possible someone else who was working on the document did.

If you don't have a Mendeley library to import, you can just ignore that message, and tell it not to warn you again. You can also toggle Word field codes and search for "mendeley", which should show you the Mendeley citations, and then delete those citations and replace them with citations from your Zotero library.

But I'm not really sure what the problem is you're experiencing beyond that. If you don't have a Mendeley library, you obviously can't import one, but you haven't actually explained what the problem is in Zotero other than that warning message.