Sync old data from other laptop

Hi :)

my laptop got stolen with all my data and literature on it.
Now I have a new laptop, but after installing zotero no literature seems saved.
I am not sure if I created an account in the past, I guess not or can you or me check somehow? :-/ Now I am writing with a newly created account.
I see on my laptop some zotero javascript files. Is it possible to open or import them with zotero program?
Or do you have an idea how to get all my literature back? Maybe something I didn't think about to far?
I would be more then happy and thankful if you have a solution or hint for me. This is for my thesis and now it seems I have to do all the work again. :-(
Best,
Isa
  • edited January 18, 2024
    As it sounds like you know, an account isn't required to use Zotero, so it's entirely possible you were just using Zotero locally without syncing. If you have other email addresses, you can try resetting your password with those, but otherwise I'm afraid your data would only have been on the computer where you were using Zotero or any separate backup you made of that computer. An email address can only be associated with one account, so the fact that you were able to register an account with this email address today means that you didn't have an account tied to this address.