supplemental material

Hi Zotero experts -- I am guessing it would be pretty hard to have some kind of Zotero command that means, "go check the publisher's website for any supporting material, download it, and attach it to the parent item." But maybe there is some kind of standard that publishers use for the relative location of such files? Just wondering if such a feature would be possible.
  • Technically I think that the metadata at Crossref or other DOI registries can contain information about relations like isSupplementedBy. However, I have no idea whether that is used by different publishers.
  • I doubt that's commonly used for supplemental material on the same site, though, which is still where a lot of supplements live (alas) - journal supplements are typically poorly managed by publishers.
    Zotero used to be able to grab supplements from selected publishers during import but that feature is poorly maintained and I'm not sure it's currently working on even a single site. Would be nice to bring back.
  • Would be nice to bring back.
    +1

Especially because publishers so often stop providing access to supplemental files. On the other hand, the disorganization that leads to lost supplemental files is probably *why* it's hard to keep such a feature working ;)