IOS Zotero app lags and crashes a lot

The default pdf viewer and annotator is really inconsistent Its really frustrating, it highlights very smoothly for few seconds and then start lagging in middle of highlighting and at time annotates just the first word of the sentence I was trying to annotate. Changing the annotation color is a hassle too as it closes the pdf reader after few changes if it hasn't lagged already.

I'm on IOS 17.1.2 and have an iPad 6th gen, I agree its a old ipad but other pdf apps dont lag at all, infact this is the only app i've seen crash as consistently as it does. I don't know any work around as annotating in any other app doesn't integrate into zotero app and I need to extract the annotations later via zotlit into obsidian. Is there any solution beside getting a new ipad ?
Sign In or Register to comment.