Zotero 7.x and Scrivener

In the interest of distributing cognitive load, starting a thread on the use of Zotero7.x in producing monographs with Scrivener. As it is in beta still, I suspect this is something of a moving target, as some add-ons haven't been updated to work with 7.x, while others have had their functionality rolled into the application. Hoping that various workflows and solutions can be shared. For myself, I work across multiple platforms, so solutions that are MacOS specific don't work for me.

(For the time being, I'm not in a monograph-writing mode, so I don't have any urgency about this.)
  • I am in the midst of writing a book. While I'd like to use Scrivener for this project, I am not doing so specifically because I use Zotero.
    I've used Zotero almost from the beginning, I have hundreds of references and notes in it.
    I chose to write the book in GDocs because it easily connects to Zotero. I am all about lowering friction in my writing life.
    After considering some of the available workarounds for using Zotero with Scrivener, I opted not to go for friction but with ease.
    GDocs works well, it is robust, and it is easy to share.

Perhaps I will give Scrivener another look once it plays nice with Zotero, but not now.