"Invalid username or password"

Error message as above.

And a related problem, or maybe not: The machine that I'm using now displays duplicate folders. I tried reinstalling Firefox and Zotero, and also deleting zotero.sqlite files, but the database returned with all its duplicate folders. I've deleted some of these duplicates by hand, but was looking for a simpler way (delete them all and then refresh from the online server).

How can I consolidate the folders on this machine without damaging the database as accessed from another machine (where there was no duplication problem)?
  • I'm not sure where you're seeing that error, but Zotero should display a proper error message for it if you click on the sync error icon. It just means that your login info was incorrect in the Sync pane of the Zotero prefs. But it would seem you've fixed this if you're now syncing.
    The machine that I'm using now displays duplicate folders. I tried reinstalling Firefox and Zotero, and also deleting zotero.sqlite files, but the database returned with all its duplicate folders.
    Does it display duplicates immediately when you start up Zotero after deleting zotero.sqlite, or after it syncs from the server? If before, then you're not deleting the file from the right place. If after it syncs, you probably have duplicates on the server. Check your online library.

You'd get duplicates if you synced two separate upgraded-from-1.0 libraries to the server.

If you have a correct library anywhere, you can use the Restore to/from Server options to transfer that library to other computers. Read the directions carefully before opening Zotero to avoid merging the duplicates there as well.
  • "I'm not sure where you're seeing that error, but Zotero should display a proper error message for it if you click on the sync error icon." Hovering over the button gives the message. Also clicking on the button.

Will try deleting zotero.sqlite again.

Pardon duplicate posting nearby.
  • If you click the sync icon manually, you'll get a clearer message.