Please add a locked single/double page view option in the new version

The Zotero app currently lacks a 'view single/double page' option in the pdf viewer that locks the view to a single/double page. Such functionality is present in almost every other reader going. The current version only has a free scrolling 'zoom to page height' option, which is not equivalent to a locked mode.

The new version should implement a locked single/double page option because:

- It enables you to quickly scroll through tens of pages at once with a single scroll of the mouse wheel, useful when you are looking to quickly get to an earlier passage/end notes. Tapping the up/down arrow keys 25 times is not a replacement for that. Neither is holding down the arrow key as that is nowhere near as accurate or controllable.

- It allows you to be slightly zoomed in on an page and use the arrow keys and/or scroll wheel to jump a whole page. Useful for optimising screen real estate. Currently, even if using arrow keys, if you are zoomed in at all beyond the 'zoom to page height' it switches back to smooth scroll. Even if you are using page up/down, it gets out of sync due to the zoom. A locked mode would not do this.

- It makes Zotero more accessible. Being able to scroll tens of pages with a single motion with the mouse wheel vs. having to press a key over and over (or scroll over and over with smooth scroll) makes navigating pages easier for people with limited mobility.

What are the chance of this being included in Zotero 7?

Thanks!
  • Try Alt (Option on a Mac) + Up/Down. That scrolls one full page without getting out of sync, regardless of zoom level.
  • Thanks, that's not working for me on windows unfortunately. It also doesn't achieve the main benefit of being able to scroll multiple pages with the scroll wheel (and to be honest reiterates the accessibility point).

I've seen quite a lot of posts asking for this over multiple years, I'm just wondering if there is some technical limitation that is preventing its implementation?