Trouble selecting multiple library items in the desktop library manager

For some reason I am having trouble selecting multiple library items in the desktop zotero application on Windows 11. Neither dragging the mouse or Ctrl/Shift select is doing anything. In fact, selecting a single item does not select it in blue, but only creates a blue dotted outline around the item. I have been able to do this in the past, and I think it switched back randomly at one point, but now it's back to a situation where I am not able to select multiple entries to, for example, open all the pdf's at once.

I'm sure this is something on my side, possibly some accidentally changed settings, however, I do not recall doing anything that could cause this and don't find anyone else having raised a similar concern, so I still have no idea on how to achieve the desired behaviour.

Is anybody able to help me with this?
  • dstillman Zotero Team
    edited December 13, 2023
    Disable any third-party plugins you're running, and if that doesn't help restart your computer. If you're still having trouble, provide a Report ID.
  • I did not have any third-party plugins, I only have the word official plugin, which I am using.
    After a computer restart it did return to a state of normal operation.
    I now realised that the problem starts when I use Ctrl to locate in which subdirectories I have a reference from the "My Library" screen. It seems to get stuck in this item highlight mode and I cannot select multiple items in any other directory either.
    Even exiting and opening Zotero again does not reset this selection mode. It does not reset even after closing both Word and Zotero.
    The functionality I am talking about: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/collections_containing_an_item
    Still couldn't find a solution on my own though.

    Report ID: 1542674041
    It seems that in the first one there were some network issues, but those seem unrelated. After restarting Zotero the problem persisted, but no such errors were present in the second report with ID: 1207244366
Sign In or Register to comment.