Report: 1022398714 annoying glitch

Report ID: 1022398714

When at the item pane, section "Title", if you wish to change the information the system lets you in, but after a few seconds highlights the whole text and, because you keep on writing and don't notice the 'highlighting', immediately erase the text that was before and is replaced by what you partially wrote.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start Zotero.
2. In My Library, click any item
3. Go to the Item Pane at the right
4. Click on 'Title' section to introduce or modify information there.
5. Start writing, the glitch sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't.

The glitch seems to happen the first time you run Zotero and on the first change you do. Maybe even a second one. Then it seems to correct itself

PS: I did it in the 'Item Type' Web Page. Don't know if it is replicable in other types.

Thanks and congrats, great software.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for this happening? (It can be from Zotero startup using "Restart with Logging Enabled…" or just a log of the operation itself.)
  • Hi, sorry for the ghosting. Figured out what the problem is. Let me explain:
    When doing the operation aforementioned, the replication of the error happens when Zotero is doing something else and it finishes. It is there when the error occurs.

Let's say I'm adding some webpage through the Firefox plugin. This operation takes some seconds as it places the item in the Library folder and some other seconds as it takes the snapshot. In the meantime, I can be working in Zotero in some other item, as the description in my previous post, and when the system finishes to do the first operation (the input via plugin) it appears to 'restart' the selection of the field I'm modifying automatically selecting it all and because I'm writing and can't notice this secondary action (the finishing) I immediately overwrite what I had written already. Quite annoying.

The error doesn't replicate if I am doing just one action and no background action.

Hope it helps.
  • We’d still want to see a Debug ID for it occurring.
  • Ok. Iĺl try to get onto it. Just did one for firefox and took me some time. Let me get back. Thanks for the reply.