Zotero 7 Beta: Menu items in Reader that don't seem to work

If you want me to separate these into individual discussions, I can, but I thought some might just need to be removed from the menu.

I tested out every menu item in the Zotero Reader, on all three formats--PDF, EPUB, and snapshot. Some did not appear to do anything or had other issues. Here are my questions/issues:

(1) The Print function appears for all three document types but only seems to do something with the PDF.

(2) The No Spread and Odd Spreads don't appear to do anything to an EPUB, though they appear on its menu (and there is no Even Spreads there). Perhaps there is an EPUB format I don't have, but they did nothing on the several EPUBs I have.

(3) The Reset Zoom function doesn't seem to do anything on EPUBs or snapshots, though it appears on the View menu for them.

(4) The Automatically Resize and Zoom to Page Width functions seem to do the same thing in PDFs. It would seem to make sense for the PDF to have a Reset Zoom, like the other two formats, and for all three to take the documents back to the zoom dimensions they were in at first.
  • Here is another: In all three reader document types (PDF, EPUB, and snapshot), a highlighting color bar pops up when you select text. For the PDF and snapshot, a second option is there to Add to Note. Why would that not also be available for the EPUB?
  • For the PDF and snapshot, a second option is there to Add to Note. Why would that not also be available for the EPUB?
    Because you don't have a note open in the right-hand pane.

For the rest:

1) Printing will work for all types. It's just currently broken for some.

2) Odd Spreads creates two columns in many EPUBs. The EPUB has to support reflowing.

3) It looks like that menu item isn't hooked up properly. Reset Zoom works in the page context menu. We'll fix the View menu one.

4) Automatically Resize and Zoom to Page Width are only the same at narrow pane widths. You can see the difference if you close the left/right sidebars and resize the window.

Snapshots and EPUBs have a default text size, which is why there's a "Reset Zoom" for those. There's no such thing for PDFs.
  • Very helpful, Dan. Thanks!
  • 2) Odd Spreads creates two columns in many EPUBs. The EPUB has to support reflowing.
    ------------
    My EPUB was reflowing, but I had it set to scrollable, rather than paginated. Works now.