Cannot open the trash bin 7.0.0-beta.51+7c5600913 [solved]

edited December 7, 2023
D804685637

I click on the trash bin but it doesn't highlight. I wanted to move an item that I deleted in error back to my library. I tried to view items in the trash but nothing happens when I click. I right click on the trash bin but do not have a menu display to pick an option.

Everything else seems to work as expected.
  • edited November 29, 2023
    Have you tried restarting Zotero? If so, can you provide a Debug ID for Zotero startup through reproducing the problem, using the "Restart with Logging Enabled…" option?
  • edited December 7, 2023
    This turned out to be a computer hardware problem on two Mac Minis(!) The problem devolved into frequent crashed tabs in Firefox. Then into Firefox and Zotero crashes. Finally, into Kernel panic crashes with neither Firefox or Zotero open. The crashes were occurring on restart. These machines were given to Apple Care for repair after they confirmed hardware issues.

Didn't have any problems on a notebook computer that still was running Zotero 6. I should have written earlier when it became clear that I had the problem with other software and especially after it became clear that this was a hardware issue. Things such as importing nbib files had been noticeably slower on the Mac Mini machines had been noticed for a while. I fear that earlier Zotero problems I reported may have been caused by this worsening problem. Essentially the only software on those machines was Zotero, Firefox, and Mac Mail.

My apologies. I assumed that a hardware memory problem wouldn't have occurred with two machines at the same time.