Short title not displayed in subsequent footnotes in Chicago 17

Hello,

I am using the Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition (full note, short title subsequent), this style: https://www.zotero.org/styles?q=id:chicago-fullnote-bibliography-short-title-subsequent

I need the full note in the first citation that appears in footnote. All subsequent citations (not only those following immediately after) need to be short citations.

For example, this is what I need:
1st citation:
Shi Shuqing 石舒淸, “Wo Yu Huizu Wenxue” 我与《回族文学》 [Hui Literature and I], Huizu Wenxue 138, no. 4 (2004): 37.

Subsequent citations:
Shi, “Wo Yu Huizu Wenxue”, 37.

The issue is that I always get full notes for subsequent citations. What am I doing wrong?
  • this is using Zotero or JurisM? Also, have you tested in a new document?
  • using zotero
    I have now tried in a new document and it works.

Is there a way to make it work in the document where I need? It is very long and with hundreds of footnotes.

Many thanks
  • You have "Automatically update citations" disabled in the Document Preferences. I would recommend you keep it that way for a long document. Clicking the "Refresh" button should update all subsequent citations to take the right form (though it might take a while). If that doesn't work, switching to a different style and back almost certainly will
  • edited November 28, 2023
    Hello,

Many thanks, it workes