Retracted items do not move into Retracted folder

Hi Developers,

some of the retracted items do not move automatically into the Retracted folder but remain in the general MyLibrary in this form (no red x in front of them):

RETRACTED ARTICLE: Early Paleoindian Personal Adornment: An Example from the Brian D. Jones Site in Avon, Connecticut

They have the DOI (that certain article's DOI is: 10.1080/20555563.2022.2157930)

Do you have any idea what the problem is?

Thanks!
  • To be clear, retracted items aren't supposed to move into Retracted Items. They'll just appear there. Everything that's not in the trash always appears in My Library.

But recently retracted items weren't being detected properly. That should be fixed now, but you might need to wait up to 24 hours to get the update. Thanks for letting us know.
  • OK, great, thanks for letting me know.
  • edited November 22, 2023
    Oh, but this article was only retracted a week ago and isn't yet available in the dataset we get from Retraction Watch, even though it's in the RW database. (Retraction Watch was recently acquired by Crossref, and it's possible they're not updating the dataset as frequently.)
  • I see, I have not thought about this. Thanks!
  • edited March 20, 2024
    Hi guys,

I have still problems with this. I have tested several articles, and they behave differently. I used direct doi-s (older ones) from Retraction Watch database with the following results:

10.1177/23333928211053965 - everything is fine

https://doi.org/10.1080/21655979.2021.2009317 - the word 'Retracted' appears in front of the doc, but no red x, does not appear in Retracted folder

10.1080/21655979.2021.2006865 - Zotero does not recognise it as retracted, no red x, does not appear in Retracted folder

What is the difference?

Thanks!
  • edited March 21, 2024
    The latter one is just a recent retraction, and we're not yet set up to update retractions as frequently as we were before the RW acquisition. Should show up now (within 24h, or if you toggle extensions.zotero.retractions.enabled off and on in the Config Editor in the Advanced pane of the settings). We'll try to get these updating nightly again.
  • OK, I see, that the retraction date is crucial, and the 2nd example it is also a fresh one - thanks for clarifying, I have learnt something new again.
  • Updates should now be daily. Let us know if you see this again.
  • I will, thank you.