[Feature suggestion] Scroll-fixed Note

Idea for a new object inside PDF view:

What about a note-type that is displayed in the conventional way ("Note" tab on the side) but is a type of note that is FIXED to the PDF's length? You could also see it in the way that the note is also scrolled down, when you scroll down the PDF. The note would be a "scroll-fixed" note.

What I mean is that as soon as you write a word into that note, it moves up or down as you use the scrolling bar: It works in a one-to-one-relation!

Idea: When you open up your Note-bar to the side of a PDF, Zotero allows you do add a note by clicking on +. THREE options appear:
- Add Item Note
- Add Item Note from Annotations
- Add Fixed Item Note

Alternative idea:
Implement a button within an actual note that lets you ACTIVATE Fixed Mode.
  • Hello @Luram
    It is a good idea but I believe you can use the notes on the right pane for this purpose instead of adding new type of annotations on the left pane. Still, the idea of having the ability to "pin" some annotations on the left might be useful in some cases.
  • @agam2222
    But the thing is: You can't use the notes on the right pan in this way. That's what I'm talking about. I'm NOT talking about annotations (= markings in the text that appear on the LEFT pan).
  • edited November 22, 2023
    @Luram Do you mean as an accompanying long white page/margin alongside all pages (or each page or can let you choose the best view suitable) so that you can write notes continuously alongside the pdf pages?
    If this "long" note provides the ability to add a drawing by stylus or mouse this can be a very nice addition to current annotation and notes options. It can also provide a solution for many requests to add white pages to pdfs (without affecting numbering) to insert additional annotations (it would be like a wide white margin on the right or left).
    This solution will also satisfy demands for having an annotation across two or more pages.
  • I love this idea!
  • @agam2222 Yeah, sort of! You can imagine it as a white margin alongside all the pages. But I'm not so sure if it would be a solution for annotating across two pages. That problem has to do with on-text highlighting, as I understand that problem.