Zotero Notes! BIG BUG!!!

I was very helpless, I built a table in Zotero Notes to organize the literature, but in the process of sorting, when I manually dragged the annotations in the literature into the table, the table magically disappeared. There's a lot of stuff in the table, is this a bug? Would the developers please resolve it quickly?
  • Just to clarify, are you talking about a table generated with Zotero (Right-click -> Insert -> Table) or with a plugin?
  • table generated with Zotero (Right-click -> Insert -> Table), this way! i am so sad.
  • the comment is dragged into the Zotero notes table, and the table is missing.
  • @poettli: Is there a way to find the previous notes? thank you!
  • Another problem is that i can't undo an action by ctrl+Z
  • Can you provide the zotero.org URL from the address bar when you click on the parent item in your web library?
  • edited November 6, 2023
    cvs
  • Yeah, I'm afraid there's no table there.

You can try temporarily disabling auto-sync and restoring from one of the automatic backups to see if you have a backup from when the table existed.

Be sure to make a copy of all zotero.sqlite files in your data directory before doing anything.

If you can reproduce this in a new note, please let us know exact steps to reproduce and we'll take a look.
  • Can you help me find the history before this entry? Thank you so much! @dstillman
  • thank you very much! According to the method you provided, although I found my notes synced last night, the pictures in the notes are missing. However, I still hope that this bug can be fixed.
    Yes, unfortunately any embedded images would likely be gone when restoring that way. But hopefully the text is still useful. You'll need to copy that into a new note before syncing (or make some other change to the note, which should trigger a conflict resolution dialog that lets you choose the local version).

Again, if you're able to reproduce this in a new note, we'd certainly want to know how.
  • ok! I've had similar problems a few times before, and it makes me feel a bit of a headache. hahaha. However, I still hope that developers can optimize the function of the table function! For example, table nesting, etc.
  • But if you want this fixed, you should try to reproduce it in a new note and tell us how.
    I don't know how to show you this video, so can I see it?
  • I can reproduce with Zotero 7.0.0-beta.48+0cab24fb8 (64-bit) on Windows 10.
    Any drag and drop of text between cells deletes the whole table.
    This is reversible with Ctrl+Z for me, as long as I do not leave the note edition.
    Debug ID: D629574642
  • This should now be fixed in the latest beta. Please let us know if not. Thanks for reporting.